Monday, January 22, 2007

The end of the beginning

As it goes, it's been a long way in process.

I've almost managed to set up a blog before, but naturally the ideas withered out, and the idea never took off.

This time, hopefully, with a bit more dedication and conviction.

"Now, write it as if you mean it!"

We shall see, anyway. So, what will this wonderful weblog have to offer you, dear reader? Depending on point of view, I might write about something you've thought yourself, writing about something which coincides with your interests, outlooks on life or past experiences, so you can sit there and nod, thinking "finally, a kindred soul" (assuming you don't know me previously), or "Oh ffs, get off your high horse/pedestal/dark emo corner of the room" (if you do know me already). I neither can, nor will, make promises of witty banter or brilliant ideas, nor will I promise this won't contain significant traces of acidity, perfidity and bleakness, if I feel so inclined. The wonder of the internet is just that, we get to present our egoism to the masses, and the closest thing to a hint of responsebility is if we have to own up to our words. Online.

I think I can live with that.

At times, I'll rage against the injustice of the world I see, and I have no doubt that in doing so, in a weblog, I shall change the world for everyone. Because, obviously, my views are superior to others, my thoughts worth more than anyone else's, and this weblog shall become the medium of the revolution!

Wait, shit. I forgot, this isn't hosted on neither MySpace, LiveJournal or DarkDespairingEmoCornerOfTheBedroom.com

So why do this in the first place? I guess it's for the freedom, to put a stake through the ghosts I used to think I'd have to contain. Sometimes, it'll be because I'm bored, or horribly amused, and feeling the need to share it in a more effective medium than spamming anyone I know via instant messengers. Information is optional, and apart from the joy of being able to rant, rave and ramble without the risk of anyone interrupting me, this will also serve for me to laugh at myself from time to time.

So, yeah. Welcome to my little part of the intarweb, coffee vending machine's out of order so please bring your own beverages.

No comments: